Lobster, Scallops & Shrimp come together in this citrus infused pasta dish for a delightfully fresh seafood pasta unlike any other.
- 1 1 1/2lb Whole Lobster
- 1/2 lb - 1lb Steamed Peeled Shrimp
- 1/2 lb - 1 lb Sea Scallops (May substitute Bay Scallops)
- 1 Box Pasta of your Choice
- 1/2 cup Persian Lime EVOO or Meyer Lemon EVOO
- 2 tbsp Rosemary EVOO
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Asiago Cheese (Optional)
- Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- 1/2 Stick of butter (for searing scallops)
Steam whole lobster:
- Choose a pot large enough to hold all the lobsters comfortably; do not crowd them. A 4- to 5- gallon pot can handle 6 to 8 pounds of lobsters.
- Put 2 inches of seawater or salted water in the bottom of a large kettle.
- Set steaming rack inside the pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add the live lobsters one at a time, cover pot, and start timing.
- Halfway through, lift the lid (careful – the steam is hot) and shift the lobster around to cook evenly.
* You may use any size lobster and as much or little scallops and shrimp that you want. We recommend steaming your lobster because it is a more gentle cook making the meat more tender. It is also harder to over cook a steamed lobster. Over cooking will result in a rubbery texture.
The following recommends timing based on lobster weights:
- 1 Pound - 10 min
- 1 1/4 Pound - 12 min
- 1 1/2 Pound - 14 min
- 1 3/4 Pound - 16 min
- 2 Pound - 18 min
- 2 1/2 Pound - 20 min
When is it done?
Cooked lobster will turn bright red, but that’s not the best indicator of doneness. It may still be underdone when the shell turns red. If it’s done, the meat will have changed from translucent to white.
Let lobster cool and cut tail down middle on soft side and crack claws and cut into bite sized pieces.
Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
Add the butter and 2 tbsp EVOO to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops to taste. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center. Set aside and steam shrimp.
- In a large pot, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Place shrimp in a steamer basket and place on top of the pot; cover. Do not submerge shrimp. Remove some water if necessary. Season the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning (Optional).
- Steam shrimp until pink.
Cook pasta according to directions on box and toss lightly in Rosemary EVOO. Combine all seafood and grated cheese. Enjoy with a semi sweet white wine.